This is the website of Angela and Nick Ohrn, currently of Las Vegas, from Northwest Indiana, by way of Seattle. We’re interested in a bunch of different things and we write about them on this site. If you scroll down a little bit, you can read a bit more detail about each one of us.
I hate writing about pages and I’ve never really done one before, so I’m just going to go ahead and copy Nick’s example below.
- I am a wife to Nick, daughter to Theresa and Mark, and granddaughter to Barbara, Marilyn and Kevin
- I am a graduate (with honors) of Loyola University Chicago with a B.A. in Political Science and minors in Computer Science and Philosophy
- I went to law school and hated it – with Nick’s support I dropped that like a bad habit after one semester (the networking required majorly conflicts with my introverted self)
- I am a certified medical assistant
- Unlike Nick, I participated (and reigned triumphant) in many academic teams throughout high school
- I love being active outside – hiking Red Rock Canyon is one of my favorite things
- My personal best bench press is 225lbs – booyah
- I love cooking, baking and trying new recipes, but reserve most of those things to holidays so that we don’t weigh a million pounds
- Traveling and having new experiences are among my favorite things, but since we aren’t millionaires, I often escape while reading a variety of books
I could describe myself and who I am in so many ways, but the following highlights sum it up pretty well:
- I am a husband to Angela, brother to James and Renee and son to Connie, Paulette, Mark and Joan
- I am a graduate (with honors) of the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology with a B.S. in Computer Science
- I am a software developer and I run my own software consultancy where I work with people from all over the world
- I am a published author of a book on WordPress
- I am a former high school and college football player – I firmly believe this greatly shaped who I am today
- I am a fitness fanatic – mostly weightlifting with a dash of cardio exercise thrown in for good measure (that part mostly consists of jumping over really tall boxes)
- I am an insatiable glutton, particularly of my beautiful wife’s delicious baking and cooking (which is why she’s not allowed to make things unless it’s a holiday)
- I am a passionate Chicago Bears fan – the first games I ever saw were the 1985 Bears playoff games
When it comes down to it, there are 3 main focuses in my life:
I valiantly attempt to keep my priorities aligned in that order but, unfortunately, it doesn’t always work out that way as much as I want it to.
On this site, I hope to talk about my interests and the memorable events in my life, both individually and with my loved ones. There are so many things for me to share, both technical and personal, that I’m looking forward to writing for many years to come.